Gua Sha is an inexpensive but effective way of opening up the pores of the skin to draw out toxicity and debris from the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin. This greatly assists the skin in its role of elimination. This body scrub is especially recommend for people with scurf rims (i.e. skin rings; a sometimes thick, black ring circling the periphery of the iris) and weak thyroid glands inhibiting their ability to produce sweating.
Although there are many variances of ingredients used, the two primary ingredients utilized are triple distilled vodka and baking soda. And these two basic ingredients easily suffice.
1) Mix the alcohol with baking soda until you achieve a paste consistency.
2) Optionally add a few drops of essential oil (e.g. sweet orange, red mandarin, clary sage, etc.).
3) Get in the shower and rinse yourself off for a minute or so, then turn off the shower.
4) Now apply and scrub the mixture all over your body (you can use a skin brush, bath mitt, or loofah).
5) When you’re done, get back in the shower and rinse off.
6) Optional: after the scrub, it is highly recommend getting out in the sun for 20 to 45 minutes, depending on how much you can tolerate.
As a general rule of thumb, you may do this body scrub once per day.
Thanks to Grape Gate.