This process helps to remove liver stones and gallbladder stones.
• 8 ounces of pure, cold-pressed, extra virgin organic olive oil
• 6 to 8 ounces of freshly squeezed (if possible) pink grapefruit juice or the juice of 2 lemons
• Freshly squeezed apple juice (enzymes assist with reducing nausea)
• Optional: a preparation to aid in the softening of possible stones, such as Phosfood Liquid or God’s Herbs Liver & Gallbladder Tonic formula
• Optional: Intestinal cleansing formula
• Three days of eating mainly raw fruits and vegetables (organic preferred)
• One 8 ounce glass of freshly juiced apple juice in the morning and one in the evening, for three days
• Three days of bowel detoxification. Use an intestinal cleansing formula (e.g. God’s Herbs Stomach & Bowels Tonic formula), with formula strength depending upon your bowel regularity. Use a gentle formula if bowels move at least one time daily; a moderate-strength formula if bowels move at least once in a two-day period; and a strong formula for bowels that resist regular movement
• In lieu of herbal detoxification, an individual may choose to take an enema one day prior to the flush. It is important that your bowels are moving well
• Optional: You can add 45 drops of Phosfood Liquid (from Standard Process Labs) to your apple juice two times a day (A.M. & P.M.) This will help loosen and soften any stones you might have.
NOTE: No solid foods should be consumed after noontime on the day of the flush (fresh fruit juices or distilled water are acceptable).
1. Stop all fluid intake at 6:30pm, or thirty minutes before the flush is started
2. Begin the flush between 7pm and 9pm, or as you wish
3. Mix or blend 8 ounces of olive oil with 6 to 8 ounces of pink grapefruit juice or the juice of two lemons
4. Consume at a rate that best suits you. You may wish to consume it all at one time, or you may consume ¼ cup every 15 minutes, or you may drink it even more slowly. After the olive oil is consumed you should retire for the evening, lying on your right side
• If nausea and/or vomiting sensations are experienced, the olive oil/citrus juice mixture can be chased with small amounts of freshly-made apple juice. Resume consumption of the mixture as soon as possible. If the feeling of nausea continues, consume only as much of the mixture as you possibly can, then go right to bed, lying on your right side
• Watch stools for stones. Stones are usually green, but may be yellow, red, or black. Stones range from pea-size to that of a quarter, or larger. Most liver or gallbladder stones are soft in nature, as they are lipid/bile stones.
• With degenerative problems, the liver and gallbladder flush should be supervised.
This is not medical advice and is for information purposes only.